The KCATA is seeking a Transportation Planner II to perform detail and complex work pertaining to short-range and long-range regional and community transit planning. This position requires the ability to organize and execute a variety of tasks, including data collection and analysis, detailed project planning, execution and coordination with local community’s and agencies.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Implement and manage major projects, such as passenger surveys, fare study analysis, transit service reviews, major corridor studies, and passenger amenity studies.
2. Provide technical assistance and represent the Authority’s interests on BRT, streetcar, light rail, commuter rail and related transit studies.
3. Provide technical assistance on identifying, studying and coordinating transit center, park and ride lots, bus stop improvements and passenger amenity siting and deployment.
4. Provide community liaison for contract communities as assigned.
5. Research service modification inquiries as assigned.
6. Assist in ridership and revenue projections for budget purposes.
The Metro is taking applications for Class A Diesel Mechanics with strong knowledge of diesel engines, transmissions, and airbrakes.
The METRO is taking applications for Class A Automotive Body Technicians to make collision damage repair to ATA vehicles which includes buses, automobiles, and trucks.
Transport passengers while providing exceptional transportation and customer service to the public.