Winter Weather Tips
Customers can be prepared and stay informed on the status of Metro buses when winter weather hits.
- Metro’s website http://www.kcata.org
- Twitter http://www.twitter.com/kcatametro
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kcatametro
Customers can also track their buses using our live bus-tracking tool, WebWatch, at http://www.kcata.org/maps_schedules/webwatch/. A mobile-friendly bus tracker is available at http://itsab.us/tracker.
Metro bus customers can contact the Regional Call Center at (816) 221-0660. Regular hours for the Call Center are from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays. Details of the emergency snow reroute plan are available online.
Travel Tips for Metro Customers
- Please use caution getting on and off buses. We expect thawing and refreezing over the next several days. Even if pavement looks clear, it may be icy.
- Dress for the weather.
- Carry a cellphone.
- Be cautious walking to the bus stops and boarding buses.