Go farther with The Metro’s Bike-N-Bus
The Metro’s bike racks are easy to operate. Racks are available on all buses. Bikes can be loaded and removed without touching the other bike or the bus.
No extra fare is required when using the bike rack. Read our instructions or watch a video to learn how to load your bike.
Bike Racks At Metro Stops
Bike racks are also available at these Metro stops:
- 3rd & Grand Park-and-Ride
- 11th & Grand MAX Station
- UMKC (University of Missouri-Kansas City) - 51st & Brookside
- Waldo Park-and-Ride - 74th Terrace & Broadway
- Boardwalk MetroCenter
- Independence MetroCenter
- Prospect & 75th
- 75th & Troost MetroCenter
- 95th & Troost Park-and-Ride
- Bikes must be free of excess grease, dirt and sharp objects.
- For safety reasons, Metro operators cannot load or remove bikes from the rack.
- Each rack has space for two bikes. If both spaces are in use, please wait for the next bus.
- In the event of a vehicular accident, you may not remove your bike from the rack until permitted by the bus operator or a Metro supervisor.
- Please obey verbal instructions of Metro operators and supervisors, police and other emergency response personnel.
- Motor-powered bikes, mopeds, tandem bikes, tricycles, bikes with training wheels and bikes with trailers cannot be loaded onto the bike racks.
- Cyclists may use the racks on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Obey all traffic and safety laws.
Tips for a Safer Ride
Please make sure the bus operator sees you before you step in front of the bus. Wearing bright clothing will make you more visible to Metro bus operators and other motorists.
Make sure your bike can be easily identified in the event of theft or loss, i.e. engrave your phone number on your bike.
KCATA is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged bikes. Sit near the front of the bus so that you can keep an eye on your bike. If you forget to unload your bike, call The Metro’s Lost & Found at (816) 346-0265. Bikes will be turned in when the bus returns to KCATA. You will not be able to get your bike while the bus is still en route. Unclaimed bikes will be held for 30 days.