Welcome to KCATA
the region’s largest public transportation provider As a first-time, regular or an occasional Metro rider, you can easily access helpful instructions to plan your trip by bus. Our website is complete with schedules and maps on fixed-route, on-demand and rapid transit bus routes. In addition, there’s more to learn about KCATA whenever you need information on employment and business opportunities, future transit-oriented projects and the latest in transit news. Kansas City Area Transportation Authority:
- Serves seven counties
- Operates more than 70 Metro routes
- Averages 50,000 daily boardings
Whether you are new to Kansas City or are just looking for an alternative to driving - this is the place to start. As a first-time Metro rider, you can easily access helpful instructions to plan your trip by bus. We welcome the opportunity to help you get started. Take a look at our "How-To-Ride" Video series to show you the ins and outs of riding The Metro. Also, be sure to:
- Plan ahead by referring to online schedules, using the online trip planner or by calling (816) 221-0660 before you head out.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes early.
- Look for Metro signs at the bus stop, Metro shelter, park-and-ride lot or transit center showing the route name and number.
- Catch the right bus by viewing the overhead sign and a smaller sign in the bus’ lower right corner window.
- Have your fare or pass ready as the bus approaches.
- Wait for the bus the come to a complete stop before boarding and exiting.
- Safely move about the bus using safety rails and watching for anything that may cause you to slip.
- Observe interior signage for additional safety and courtesy tips.