Board of Commissioners
The ATA is governed by a 10-member Board of Commissioners, five from Missouri and five from Kansas. Commissioners are limited to two consecutive four-year terms. Responsibility for the management, control and operation of the Authority and its properties is vested in the Board. The Board exercises its responsibility by adopting all general policies of the Authority, including the adoption of annual capital and operating budgets, the establishment of the goals of the Authority, and the selection of a President/CEO. The Board may delegate certain duties and responsibilities to the President/CEO for the management and operation of the Authority.
David Bower, Chair, Jackson County, Missouri
Melissa Bynum, Vice Chair, Unified Government
Unified Government Board of Commissioners, Executive Director of Shepherd’s Center of KCKS
Anne Post, Secretary, Kansas City, Missouri
Senior VP, USA, Xakia Technologies
Jim Allen, Treasurer, Johnson County, Kansas
Second District Commissioner, Johnson County Commission
Nancy Bauder, Leavenworth County, Kansas
Joe Peterson, Unified Government
Former Bonner Springs City Council member, Transportation Industry
Daniel Serda, Unified Government
Kansas City Catalytic Urban Redevelopment (KC CUR) Project Manager, Local Initiatives Support Corp.
Louie A. Wright, Clay County, Missouri
Attorney, Wright Law Offices, LLC; Adjunct Professor, UMKC School of Law.
Platte County, Missouri
Cass County, Missouri
Board of Commissioners Meetings
The Board of Commissioners meets bi-monthly, on Wednesdays.
Meetings are be in the Breen Administration Building, 1200 E. 18th Street, Kansas City, Mo., 64108. Meetings begin at 12:00 p.m. See below for variations to the schedule.
- January 22
- March 25
- May 27
- July 22
- September 23
- November 18
NOTE, March 23: Until further notice, all regular meetings, committee meetings and special meetings of the Board of Commissioners will be held via teleconference. To observe the Board of Commisioners regular meeting, call 1-877-853-5257 with access # 124 065 592. All callers other than Board members and participating staff members will be muted on the call.
See agenda page for for meeting dates and locations.
- Board Governance
- Finance, held monthly
- RideKC Development Corporation
- Planning and Operations
Kansas Commissioner Appointment Process
From the inception of the ATA in 1965 until 2000, the Governor of Kansas appointed commissioners, subject to confirmation by the State Senate and the Kansas Commissioners representing Johnson and Leavenworth counties. In 2000, the process was changed so that these two commissioners are now appointed by their respective county commissioners. The other three Kansas commissioners, representing the Wyandotte County jurisdiction, have always been appointed by the Mayor of Kansas City, Kansas, now known as the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kansas. However in 2000, the process changed to include a requirement that these appointments must be approved by the City Commissioners.
Missouri Commissioner Appointment Process
The Kansas City, Missouri, Mayor appoints three of the five Missouri Commissioners, including a direct appointment that must be a Kansas City, Mo., resident. The Clay and Platte County Commissioners will each submit a list of three eligible candidates for the Mayor's consideration. The Jackson County Executive appoints a Commissioner from a community, other than Kansas City which contracts with KCATA for service. The other Missouri Commissioner must reside in Cass County, be nominated by that county's commission, then be appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the State Senate.
Agendas from 2019 are available here.
- January 30
- February 27
- March 27
- April 24
- May 22
- June 26
- July 24
- August 28
- September 25
- October 23
- Novemeber 20
- December 18
- January 24 - Agenda - Actions - SAF Agenda
- February 28 - Agenda - Actions
- March 28 - Agenda - Actions
- April 25 - Agenda - Actions
- May 23 - Agenda - Actions
- June 6, Public Notice - Agenda
- June 27 - Agenda
- July 25 - Agenda - Agenda with attachments - Actions
- August 22 - Agenda - Agenda with attachments - Actions
- September 26 - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments - Actions
- New Date and Time: October 30, 10 a.m. - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments - Actions
- November 28 - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments - Actions
- December 19 - Agenda - See Agenda page for Agenda with Attachments
2017 Board of Commissioner Meetings:
- January 25 - Agenda - Actions
- February 22 - Agenda - Actions
- March 22 - Agenda - Actions
- April 26 - Agenda - Actions
- May 24 - Agenda - Actions
- June 28 - Agenda - Actions
- July 26 - Agenda - Actions
- August 23 - Agenda
- August 28, Public Notice - Agenda - Actions
- September 27 - Agenda - Actions
- October 4, Public Notice - Agenda
- October 25 - Agenda - Actions
- November 15 - Agenda - Actions
- December 20 - Agenda - SAF Agenda - Actions