Benefits of Being a KCATA Employee
Working at the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority has its benefits!
We take pride in ensuring our employees have a safe, fulfilling workplace and career that affords a livable wage and long-term savings opportunities for quality of life. We also take steps to provide a healthy work environment and lifestyle opportunities. Both full-time and part-time employees have benefit opportunities. Some of the benefits we offer are listed below. Join us!
Full-Time & Part-Time Benefits to eligible employees:
Employees are eligible for benefits after training period plus 350 hours.
- Competitive Pay with Annual Increases*
- Health, Dental, EAP, Short-term Disability and Life Insurance (KCATA pays a portion up to 80%)*
- Paid training to obtain your CDL Class A License (if required)*
- Accrued Paid Time Off, including vacation and sick leave.*
- Holiday Pay. Ten company holidays plus employee's birthday*
- Retirement Benefits through a Pension Plan.
Full-Time Benefits (Optional) to eligible employees:
- Flexible spending accounts for pre-tax out-of-pocket family healthcare or dependent care
- Voluntary and supplementary products (Long- and short-term disability, life insurance and vision)
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Free gym memberships at KCMO Community Centers or Planet Fitness, with discounts for family memberships
- Employee recognition events
- Health and Wellness events
*May be eligible for part-time benefits. Part-time employee benefits and eligibility is limited.
The above description of benefits is as of 2019 and is meant to provide a general overview of benefits available. This does not represent a binding commitment of offerings. Benefits are subject to change with or without website posting. Firm benefits will be detailed at time of hire.