Updates published at RideKCNext.org.
The RideKC Next project is a comprehensive review and redesign of transit service focused on Kansas City, Mo. (KCMO), conducted by the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) as part of our mission to connect people with opportunities.
What’s in the Draft Network?
The core tenants of RideKC service are access to jobs, access to education, access to healthcare and equitable access for low-income residents who need it most. A frequent grid to connect more people to opportunity.
- All frequent routes would have service every 15 minutes on weekdays and Saturdays, every 30 minutes on Sundays.
- East-West service upgrades to every 15 minutes would happen on 12 12th Street, 39 39th Street and 47 47th Street (to KU Med Center); 31 31s Street would continue.
- All MAX service would offer 15 minute frequency to 75th Street, will less frequent service south of 75th.
- More weekend service, with levels at 85% of weekday service on Saturdays, and 65% of weekday service on Sundays.
A simpler, easier and more efficient network.
- Nearly all fixed routes will operate from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days per week.
- Routes on the frequent grid will operate from 5 AM to midnight, seven days per week. Service will be frequent from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- Fewer routes 1/4 mile apart or less connecting the same neighborhoods to downtown.
- Flex service expanded to some locations north of the Missouri river.
Join a RideKC Next informational webinar session to learn about what is in the new plan for the Kansas City, Mo., bus system.
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17, 7-9 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 19, 4-6 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 23, 12-2 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 5, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 9, 5-7 p.m.
Drop in and out any time during a session to discuss the upcoming changes. Meetings will be held with Zoom. Links will be posted in advance of the meetings.
RideKC Next has a New Plan
An updated plan for the redesign of transit service focused on Kansas City, Mo., is ready for your review. The new plan represents changes resulting from extensive public outreach that occurred in early 2020, as well as additional technical and financial analysis. The goal of the revised plan is to provide a simpler, easier and more efficient network that connects more people to opportunity. The proposed restructuring seeks to balance ridership and coverage considerations, while accurately reflecting the values of communities in Kansas City. This includes establishing a frequent grid in the core of the transit network, while also providing flexible services that cover larger areas and provide access to the system.
You will be able to review the plan materials on this page. Maps and hours of service on a route-by-route basis will be posted online before the Nov. 12 meeting.
RideKC will be seeking feedback on the revised plan in multiple phases, leading up to implementation.
See RideKCNext.org for more details.Back