See RideKCNext.org for more details.
The RideKC Next project is a comprehensive review and redesign of transit service focused on Kansas City, Mo. (KCMO), conducted by the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) as part of our mission to connect people with opportunities.
Bus Stop Pop-ups are happening the week of July 8.
Tuesday, July 9, 7-8 a.m., 31st & Prospect
Wednesday, July 10, 7-8 a.m., 39th & Prospect
Wednesday, July 10, 4:30-5:30 p.m., 31st & Van Brunt
Thursday, July 11, 4:30-5:30 p.m., 75th & Troost
Find Out More!
- Full Choices Report: A full analysis of the RideKC transit network evaluating efficiency, effectiveness and other factors.
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Summary [PDF, 2 MB]
- Chapter 2: What makes transit useful? [PDF, 3 MB]
- Chapter 3: What is the market and need for transit? [PDF, 4 MB]
- Chapter 4: How does the fixed-route network perform? [PDF, 8.6 MB]
- Chapter 5: How about on-demand services? [PDF 900 KB]
- Chapter 6: Key Choices [PDF, 2 MB]
- Glossary [PDF, 200 KB]
Step 1: Review of Existing Transit Services and Initial Public Outreach (Spring 2019)
RideKC Next is reviewing the purpose and performance of all existing transit services in KCMO.
Steps 2 and 3: Draft and Final Plan (Summer and Fall 2019)
Based on what we hear now, we will prepare a Draft Plan this summer.
We’ll be presenting the Draft Plan for public feedback in the fall, and that feedback will be taken into consideration when crafting the Final Plan. The Final Plan will include meaningful improvements to the transit system that can be made in the next two years.
See RideKCNext.org for more details.Back