See RideKCNext.org for more details.
The RideKC Next project is a comprehensive review and redesign of transit service focused on Kansas City, Mo. (KCMO), conducted by the Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) as part of our mission to connect people with opportunities.
Find Out More!
- Full Choices Report: A full analysis of the RideKC transit network evaluating efficiency, effectiveness and other factors.
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Summary [PDF, 2 MB]
- Chapter 2: What makes transit useful? [PDF, 3 MB]
- Chapter 3: What is the market and need for transit? [PDF, 4 MB]
- Chapter 4: How does the fixed-route network perform? [PDF, 8.6 MB]
- Chapter 5: How about on-demand services? [PDF 900 KB]
- Chapter 6: Key Choices [PDF, 2 MB]
- Glossary [PDF, 200 KB]
Step 1: Review of Existing Transit Services and Initial Public Outreach (Spring 2019)
RideKC Next is reviewing the purpose and performance of all existing transit services in KCMO.
Steps 2 and 3: Draft and Final Plan
Based on what we heard in the survey, we are preparing a Draft Plan.
We’ll be presenting the Draft Plan for public feedback in early 2020, and that feedback will be taken into consideration when crafting the Final Plan. The KCATA Board of Commissioners will review and approve a Final Plan. The Final Plan will include meaningful improvements to the transit system that can be made in the next two years.
See RideKCNext.org for more details.Back